Volunteers wanted! Also valid as an internship!
Yiddish Summer Weimar – the Yiddish culture festival needs YOU!
July 11 to August 19, 2019
Yiddish Summer Weimar ranks as the world’s most important and most inclusive Yiddish culture festival. Each year, a community of artists, musicians, workshop participants and guests from around the world gather here to experience and shape Yiddish culture.
Forming the backbone of this community are our many volunteers, whose contributions have, for the past 19 years, made this unique festival possible.
Join us and become a part of our community! Whether for one week or the entire duration of the festival; whether as an intern or a volunteer: you can support the Yiddish Summer Weimar team in many ways.
Contribute in various areas depending on the duration of your stay:
- Info point: support for artists and participants
- Admin, Shop, Merchandise
- Catering, Bar, providing for the team
- Technical support
- Event management
As a volunteer, you will support the Yiddish Summer Weimar management team with voluntary, unsalaried work. You will work about 6 hours a day, maximum 5 days a week (hours may differ depending on the work area).
What we offer:
- a great opportunity to meet kindred spirits, network and socialize
- a multigenerational, international team
- impulse workshops in technical assistance/PA, project management, catering, Yiddish culture, travel and accommodation planning, first aid, event management, security concepts, financing publicly funded projects
- a peek behind the scenes of an international, four-week festival
- free admission to all Yiddish Summer Weimar music events
- insights into the festival’s workshop content and a YSW T-Shirt
- an internship certificate (on request)
You are open and flexible, love working in a team, speak English and perhaps another language? You are not afraid to pitch in and share your thoughts and feedback? Then we look forward to seeing you during the festival (July 11 to August 19, 2019) and/or during the preparations (starting in May) and/or during the follow-up work (through the end of August). Whether it’s for a week, a month or for the duration of the festival, your contribution will help make Yiddish Summer Weimar come alive!
We love it that volunteers come to us from many countries and many generations!
Ideally, you should be able to communicate in very basic German. If not, then very good English skills are a necessity! Also, please be aware that certain tasks in the festival require fluent spoken German. If you don't speak German, you won't be given those tasks. For example, working at the InfoPoint or the Box Office requires speaking German. So, if you don't speak German, it could happen that your work assignment will be in areas where language isn't so important. Please read carefully the FAQs for more information, or call or write to us with specific questions. Thanks! We hope to see you this summer as a volunteer in Yiddish Summer Weimar!